Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

New Cat 308 crowd

580bruce · 2019-05-15 22:02

Has anyone noticed the 308 having a short crowd? Demoing our new one today, I noticed the bucket wont come any closer than about 4 feet from the blade? The stick has another pin hole for the cyl. The stick seems to almost barely come over center set up this way from Cat? Just seems weird? All of the smaller rigs with blades I have run, you can almost contact the blade with the bucket. This one isnt even close?

Replies6
  1. #1big ben2019-05-15 22:26

    Yup unfortunately it’s the way they are. As you mentioned you can move it to the “transport” position and get closer but still not close enough for what guys/girls like and are used to

  2. #2Cmark2019-05-15 23:07

    It depends on which stick arrangement you have; standard or long. Different quick couplers have an effect also. If you post your serial number, I can tell you which one you have.

  3. #3crazycajun2019-05-19 00:11

    Mine is that way because it has a swing boom. The boom pivot is at the front of the cab not the middle of the machine like most excavators.

  4. #4580bruce2019-05-19 00:25

    Def not the same as a 305

  5. #5John C.2019-05-19 11:21

    When I worked for a Cat dealer the 308 wasn't considered a mini excavator.

  6. #6580bruce2019-05-21 00:08

    Ummmm, never said it was?