Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

New Cat 324D excavators

9420pullpan ยท 2007-01-19 00:06

link link what do you think??

Replies21
  1. #1Countryboy2007-01-19 01:10

    Is that a stock quick coupler and stainless steel braided hydro lines I see?

  2. #2Tigerotor77W2007-01-19 09:54

    That sticker on the boom doesn't look as sharp to me as the old sharkfin logos did. Oh well.

  3. #3murray832007-01-19 14:17

    That is a European model as you can tell by a sign in the background. A local excavation contractor has had his 324D since this summer and the graphics on the boom and rear sides look nothing alike except for the rear end.

  4. #4rino14942007-01-19 16:54

    This replaces the 322C, right ??

  5. #5murray832007-01-19 18:17

    Your correct

  6. #6dayexco2007-01-19 18:19

    buy a hyundai

  7. #72004F5502007-01-19 18:52

    they get a lot of $$$ for that thing, not worth imo, buy the 325D

  8. #8DR RPM2007-01-19 20:22

    At present we have two 324DL's, so far no complaints. Two 330DL's and five 325DL's, one of which is a prototype demo.

  9. #9Countryboy2007-01-19 20:49

    All that technical data and knowledge you have at your fingertips and this is all you can come up with....."I don't like the stickers". :bouncegri How bout some specs to redeem yourself. :wink2

  10. #10Tigerotor77W2007-01-20 01:49

    It is indeed an European model, but the Power Edge trade dress (ie the red slash) is coming to every single Cat model. The 324D with the new dress won't be any different than the 324D that you saw (also addressing Countryboy's question), but is just the updated trade dress that will be common across all the company's products. Countryboy, I have no new specs on this girl... she's still the same old beast/hog/whatever Cat excavators mean to people.

  11. #11Countryboy2007-01-20 02:04

    Alright, we'll let it go at that ......but don't let there be a next time Mister. :nono We expect cutting edge data. :bouncegri So whats the deal with them hydro lines? Are they SS braided or is it just the pic making them look silver?

  12. #12Dickie2007-01-20 03:41

    To me they just look like a grey hose; don't have the 'texture' of braided lines... I could be wrong, definitely. :beatsme

  13. #13Tigerotor77W2007-01-20 16:21

    :beatsme I guess I'll have to use the "never be a next time" and negate it right here and now. It looks braided but... I personally don't know.

  14. #14mflah872007-01-21 11:48

    The only problem I had with my Cat was it came with a rusty fuel tank and I had problems from day 1. Other than that I've had nothing. Whats the weight on these machines?

  15. #15Tigerotor77W2007-01-21 12:20

    The 324D is a 24-ish tonne machine, which puts its weight around 55,000 pounds.

  16. #16Nac2007-01-21 15:08

    So whats the deal with them hydro lines? Are they SS braided or is it just the pic making them look silver? [/QUOTE] The look like that have steel spring over the hose to protec the lines. I have them on my mini over the Aux. lines.

  17. #17Ford LT-90002007-01-21 15:54

    I looked at the pictures and that is just grey hydraulic hose its very common here any of the new hydraulic hose you buy is grey. I maginified the pictures and its just regular grey hose. I would rather have the grey hose it doesn't rot in the sun like regular black hose and get all checked from the sun.

  18. #18DR RPM2007-01-21 17:41

    The spring is probably just left natural color instead of normally being painted yellow, we are just used to everything being painted that this difference is standing out.:bash

  19. #19Countryboy2007-01-21 21:46

    I forgot about the spring or coil protectors on hydro lines. :thumbsup Gray hose isn't common down here but I looked at our shop and we have a spool or two. :yup I thought Cat might have come out with a dress up package or something. You know like: Chrome counterweight, Vroom Vroom tip for the exhaust stack or maybe "curb feelers" to keep the scratches down on the tracks. :bouncegri

  20. #20Wulf2007-01-21 22:29

    I was wondering whether the additional plumbing is factory anyway but noticed that the bucket cylinder hoses were grey too. So where are Cat excavators built these days?

  21. #21Tigerotor77W2007-01-21 23:35

    Everywhere... Aurora, IL; Gosselies, Belgium; Akashi, Japan; Xuzhou, China; Grenoble, France; Piracicaba, Brazil; Wackersdorf, Germany; Jakarta, Indonesia. Certain locations -- particularly Jakarta -- manufacture specifically for that location. But a buncha models are produced in two or more factories. Mini-excavators are built in Sagami, Japan and Leicester, England.