Not sure where to post this but I was talking to my uncle today who works for another contractor and he said he had heard that the one of the biggest companies in CT had a new 345C flip over onto blast when it was setting the blasting mats. The fire marshall gave them the choice of unloading the holes and risking it or just shooting it with the 345 sitting upside down on the shot. Well, they shot it and blew the new excavator off the cut and down the ravine. Just wondering if there are any guys from the Danbury area and can find out more. It happened on a development for 800 or so new homes I'm told. I would think someone must have videoed this or at least got some pics.
I live next to Danbury and am familiar with the site. I heard that they had about 1500 lbs of explosives ( a relatively small amount) and yes, the machine fell over on the blast mats. I was told however that they righted the machine with no damage, although it took 4 huge wreckers to get it upright. I'll see what else I can find out.
Here's a link to the local news paper article newstimeslive.com/news/story.php?id=1027229
thanks John, good to hear