Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

New Cat 6120

Zed ยท 2012-09-24 05:10

It's a secret no longer, the cat is out of the bag... so to speak... http://www.im-mining.com/2012/09/24/introducing-the-super-ultra-class/

Replies7
  1. #1Huntoon2012-09-24 07:44

    Cool!!!

  2. #2Zed2012-09-25 05:26
  3. #3dominikat122012-10-30 12:10

    This is the biggest hydraulic excavator ever made! 200 tons heavier than RH 400 ! I bet this thing can level down a huge city block in 30 minutes.

  4. #4alco2012-10-31 08:49

    It's actually 320 tons heavier than an RH 400, and it's certainly impressive. I've been on board the prototype, and while there are a few things I don't care for about it, there are some neat ideas. The second machine, which is actually going to be the first one to dig dirt, is coming to a neighboring mine. It should be digging in April, and it will be very interesting to see how it performs.

  5. #5dominikat122012-11-01 08:01

    Yes its quite heavier though it seems not to be bigger at all. It is hard to conclude this only from pictures. But I doubt there will be much of a size difference. Size is not what is important after all.

  6. #6JGS Parts2012-11-19 14:12

    I wonder what the price tag on that would look like

  7. #7Nige2012-11-19 16:25

    A lot more than my salary that's for sure .....