Well my dad and uncles signed the papers today on a D5N w/ cab and all that good stuff....I'll make sure to get some pics when it arrives......first brand new Cat machine they've bought since the 80's because of rising prices but anyway should be a good replacement for the aging D4H....
Good machine. Let us know how the steering goes.
I just wrote under D-6 LGP that I operated all day at a local Snow Dump---& was a bit Surprised in finding OUT the D-6 was manufactured by Mitsubishi--When YOU get Your New Cat Home!--check the Data Tag as I*D like to Know? If your CAT is a JAP Machine? Also??--Thanks--Ole JIM--
Great Machine. Can't wait to see pics. Let us know how you like it
Just going through some old posts and was wondering how your D5N is going. I have a LGP D5N CKT00287 with 2400hrs on it and it is a very good little performer that is nice to operate and if driven sensibly can be somewhat frugal on fuel. Mine is set up for extreme forestry and fire control work. It has a full scrub canopy(not light forestry protection) over the A/C cab and ROPS bar, that has intergrated amber and green LED flashing lights for smoke work, tree spear. 11ft PAT blade and walk in 16ft stick rake. I also had a D4H (9DB model 95hp) which gave good service as well. Regards Firetrack