Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

New CAT High Drive Excavator!

lantraxco ยท 2016-05-12 19:13

CAT finally did it, came out with a high drive version of an excavator:

Replies18
  1. #1hvy 1ton2016-05-12 19:33

    Extra Crunchy.

  2. #2Volvomad2016-05-12 19:36

    Is there a long carraige option Is there a long carrage option ?

  3. #3CM19952016-05-12 19:41

    How in the hell does one do that??

  4. #4John C.2016-05-12 20:04

    Kind of looks like a South American rock quarry type of design.

  5. #5lantraxco2016-05-12 22:50

    I've live a long time and I've seen a lot of odd things... this was a new one for me, LOL

  6. #6d9gdon2016-05-12 22:54

    Yeah, he thought he hung a big rock and kept digging until he got it.

  7. #7hvy 1ton2016-05-13 13:34

    That makes more sense than anything else i can come up with.

  8. #8CDUB2016-05-13 23:36

    Driving too fast.

  9. #9wilko2016-05-14 10:23

    "Hold my beer, I think I can do this."

  10. #10lantraxco2016-05-14 15:19

    That, LOL

  11. #11bigcile2016-05-14 20:26

    I think that might interfere with the swing rotation just a bit, but I'm sure that the good folks at CAT thought of that already...

  12. #12lantraxco2016-05-14 20:56

    What I want to know is, why isn't there a big pool of oil under it? Crazy.

  13. #13Welder Dave2016-05-14 21:01

    Maybe we should have a contest for the best caption for the picture? Put the damn camera down and get over here, I can't hold this up all day.

  14. #14Oxbow2016-05-14 21:02

    Warranty will take care of that, right?

  15. #15lantraxco2016-05-14 22:11

    "They called and said this hoe had a crack needed stitched up... what am I supposed to do with this?????????"

  16. #16Oxbow2016-05-15 10:00

    While it is lifted up, if he walks the left side forward slowly it should walk itself right back into position, stitch it up, good to go. I don't see the problem! - Uh oh, I am beginning to sound like a typical boss now.

  17. #17lantraxco2016-05-15 13:53

    The thing is, it did start as a crack, but the operator was working it all day, bucket and track, bucket and track, now which pedal was I using?

  18. #18brian falcone2016-05-17 21:25

    finally ! its has happened ! after years of debate we can now see why you shouldnt dig over the finals