Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

NEW – Champion M786c Mine Grader

Motor Grader ยท 2009-12-03 15:27

Hey guys, here is your sneak peak at the new Champion M786c Mine Motor Grader. I couldn't be more pumped up about this project. All I can say is that my guys here at Champion are just awesome! :notworthy We started this project 16 weeks ago after I told the dealer, "hell yea we can get down to 7 feet tall". Thats a 30" reduction in height from the standard C86 Motor Grader. Total weight is 17,500 pounds which is up from 15,500 standard weight. Still the Cummins 110hp Tier 3 engine. Photo Shoot is tomorrow morning so I will have better pics then. Until then these came from the crackberry.

Replies20
  1. #1Super Roel2009-12-03 16:15

    It looks fine this machine but i think i never see him in Holland .

  2. #2Motor Grader2009-12-03 16:17

    No, him haven't been in Holland yet!!! But we is a coming.

  3. #3Klutz2009-12-03 17:06

    What type of hydraulic system do you use on such a machine? Is it open center or LS?

  4. #4Vantage_TeS2009-12-03 20:45

    Pretty cool to get a sneak peek on what can be done with the right attitude! I always enjoy seeing a company who will listen to their customer and say, what you need this or that for a special application? Hey, no problem we can do that! And then get it done!

  5. #5Diagonal Brace2009-12-03 22:12

    He said Crackberry! LOL No really good on you for the can do attitude.

  6. #6Motor Grader2009-12-04 15:28

    Open Center - Hydrostatic Drive

  7. #7Grader4me2009-12-04 16:09

    Congrats on your new design! Looks awesome..:notworthy

  8. #8grandpa2009-12-04 18:40

    what are you being anti=social lol never see you in chat grader4me:beatsme

  9. #9amtronic2009-12-05 10:16

    Lo-rid-er

  10. #10JTL2009-12-05 15:07

    I remember seeing an article a couple years ago about the Tractor&Equipment Cat dealer in Bozeman, MT building a 120H Cat balde for Stllwater Minings East Boulder mine. Thats pretty impressive how these machines can be squeezed down to fit in those mine shafts. Jason

  11. #11willemdegrader2009-12-06 07:57

    Is Champion setting up or cooperating with a dealership in the Netherlands?

  12. #12Motor Grader2009-12-07 10:35

    We are just starting to look for dealers throughout Europe. Know anyone that may be interested in bringing on a smaller line of graders?

  13. #13schuiver2009-12-07 15:36

    Looks good but what is the length of this grader? So they come to Europe 16 years ago i worked with the first C86A in the Netherlands was a good machine

  14. #14Motor Grader2009-12-07 16:07

    Wheelbase is about 16' which is 8" more than a standard C86 grader. You must have ran a mid 90's model C86A. Does the Netherlands require EU Certification?

  15. #15Super Roel2009-12-08 14:30

    Yes the do .

  16. #16Motor Grader2009-12-18 21:36

    better pics I only had 30 minutes to shoot pics because grader was actually loaded and chained down when I got in. Guess I better start getting to work earlier. Pulled it back off the truck and got these. Unfortunately no 7 foot tall mine shafts around Charlotte to shoot pics in. Enjoy

  17. #17RonG2009-12-19 04:13

    Now that's what I want when I have to check my own grades!!!LOL. She is a beauty..........I am surprised that you don't have a portfolio of promotional pics of it already.Ron G

  18. #18Motor Grader2009-12-19 08:26

    You can be sure everything is in the works! Will post literature and press release after first of the year. Will follow up with customer story in the spring.

  19. #19schuiver2009-12-21 16:23

    Looks good , will there be a closed cabin?

  20. #20Motor Grader2009-12-21 16:26

    I have a C86c in process now with the same low profile canopy as shown on the M786. It will be enclosed with A/C and Heat. Its going to a mine in Alaska.