These are regular Side Dumps that have been modified to haul drill cuttings behind Cruz's T Bears. Sideboard extensions, special axles (wider) and goose neck attachments. These can be converted back to regular hwy side dumps so we can use them in our Civil Division. They will also get high flotation tires for tundra travel. :usa
Wow Thats even better than the original cuttings haulers you showed us. Looks like it will haul at least twice as much. As a bonus, now you do not have to switch out the truck body, and can still pull the snowzad or any other trailers untill summer.
now that trucks sweet , i want to drive it
Neat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hi, Randy Kreig. That is one neat-looking rig. Have they actually got them working yet? If so, how are they handling it? Thanks for the photos.
I like the new trailer makes the long trek a little more productive. I'm wondering about the neck, never seen a sidedump with a neck like that. Is that neck specail built for the tundra bears? If so i would assume if you switch the neck and axles to take it back to run it with a normal highway trucks?
must take a little getting use to backing up with two pivot points
that is one sweet truck. What is the rear box on the truck for? is it a sleeper or like a man cab to carry more people?
Gentlemen This unit arrived the day before I flew home so I never saw it run. I saw these units being converted and put together when I was painting and working on the 160H in the Palmer Shop. The gooseneck pins into the original 5th wheel pin and some special mounts. The gooseneck is specially designed and built to run with the T Bears keeping the bed level end to end. All the airlines and hydraulic connections between the gooseneck and main trailer frame are set up on quick couplers. The gooseneck comes right off and the trailer converts back to using the standard 5th wheel pin. I saw another unit in the Palmer Yard today, which is ready to ship. Jimmy; good point there's a double switch going on there and the mirrors aren't always pointing where you need them! John; that's a sleeper unit.. Regards, Randy
For the record,I cannot back up worth a hoot while driving those articulated haul trucks while looking in the mirrors because the cussed thing goes the wrong way!!!LOL. I am speculating that the double articulation would make the thing behave so I could drive it as all my natural responses would be the same as what I am accustomed to when driving any other tractor/trailer combination which has become second nature over the years.Ron G
Two Wrongs..................... Hi, RonG. Would this be a case of two wrongs making a right? LOL.
Something like that Deas.They say two wrongs don't make a right but three rights make a left.~!~.Ron G