Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

New D7E ride quality

vapor300 ยท 2014-04-28 01:58

I have been running a newer 7E LGP for almost a year now and I really like it! But I have got to say this has got to be the roughest riding dozer I have ever ran, it's brutal on anything solid, and if you have to get into rock you have to keep it in 1st hear or lower to be able to stay in the seat. Is it just cause it an LGP or even the standard tracks just as bad?

Replies5
  1. #1Oxbow2014-04-28 02:22

    I have run an LGP with the triangular pads instead of grousers that was rough as can be on firm ground. I am not sure if the 7E has system one undercarriage or not, but they tend to be a bit rougher as well.

  2. #2Nige2014-04-28 11:03

    What sort of seat does it have, mechanical or air suspended..?

  3. #3JimBruce422014-04-28 22:47

    Do the bottom rollers use a boogie system like the larger cats?

  4. #4Construct'O2014-04-28 23:30

    System one undercarriage and the wide pads is the main issues for the rough ride.Add the tall grousers of the extreme sevice pads on hard ground and it really makes for a rough ride.

  5. #5vapor3002014-04-29 13:22

    Seat is air, and no the rollers do not move. I have ran a 6T Lgp with system one and it wasn't this bad