Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

new Day another truck

Dave1250 ยท 2009-02-09 18:29

Hi today I drove a Mack tractor with a dump trailer, though it said superliner or something like that. The shifter had 6 air lines to the control R N L H it was a 10 speed I need to master down shifting the beast and backing the rig up I think the guys had a good time watching me back it up, but tomorrow a new day .:beatsme:Banghead

Replies4
  1. #1pdelvito2009-02-09 19:48

    I had a superliner with a 13 speed and caterpillar engine. I used it to move 235's. It was great heavy super hauler

  2. #2Dave12502009-02-09 21:31

    Hi pdelvito I was hauling approx 30 ton of cow **** .What part of NY do you live in , I`m in northern NY . A friend is part owner of large farm approx milking 1,600 head . I have driven new JD loaders and 9200 JD tractors I think it was a 9200 . I will be driveing all kinds of equipment .

  3. #3Kgmz2009-02-09 22:57

    It sounds like that is the multi speed reverse transmission. It should be what I would call a double H pattern with With range selector in L postion Lo-Lo being the upper left position Lo being the lower left position 1st being the upper center position 2nd being the lower center position 3rd being the upper right position 4th being the lower right position With range selector in H position 5th being the upper center position 6th being the lower center position 7th being the upper right position 8th being the the lower right position With range selector in R position Same as first 6 forward gears in Selector postion L, except of course the truck goes backwards And I would guess that the N range selector position is Neutral

  4. #44digger2009-02-10 14:44

    i believe that is a super 10 they call it,, that supposed to be an easy trans to shift.. you have you regular 5 gear shift pattern, for every gear you you can split a half a gear. just like the high side of an 18 spd. the super 10spd is my favorite trans.. and reverse only works for up to thrid gear i beleive i could be wrong there..