Out with the old and in with the new as they say...Quite a job, and a snug fit! It's now in and attaching all the hang on stuff. Gonna fire it tomorrow. As you remember, I had a bad rod, crank, flat cam, and bent pushrods. We got a JD reman engine and enlisted the help from the JD dealer for a crane truck to assist with the R&R. Here are some pictures ...
Nothing runs like a Deere. Is that 4wd? Lucky.
Well, she fired right up and once the injectors cleared it runs SMOOTH as hell! I took my time to fit and replace all the hang on stuff, chasing any threads where needed etc. and I won't have to back track on anything...no leaks, drips or other BS. It was really the first time I had a chance to even run the machine and EVERYTHING works beautiful. Pretty happy at this point...
Good job How much did it cost?
I don't have the final number yet but I it's going to be about $8k for the entire project...The engine also has a 1 yr JD warranty. Replacing the engine was my worst case scenario...and a shirt load more work than I was planning on this last few weeks, but it done and we have a nice loader now...