Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

New from Port Alberni

Trainman ยท 2015-12-23 15:04

:waving Just saying Hi from Port Alberni, BC on the west coast of Canada :canada. I work in forestry for one of the bigger coastal companies, with an office here in PA as well as Campbell River. My main interest to be honest is railways, hence my user name I found the site while searching for information on some of the older, now generally gone, logging camps and found a neat thread on those, so thought I would join up. Looks like a good place, and I look forward to contributing what I can, and learning lots too I am thinking. I have worked around equipment, and had to do the engineering/layout for logging shows, but never got any seat time. Unofficially been in the business since I was 12 when I got sent to Kilbella Bay in Rivers Inlet and its been a fun 30+ years since. Hope everyone has a great Christmas! Tman

Replies3
  1. #1donkey doctor2015-12-23 15:25

    Welcome. Lots of good stuff on here.d.d.

  2. #2wornout wrench2015-12-23 23:29

    Welcome to the forum Trainman Always good to see another westcoaster here, and a logger at that. Looking forward to hearing some of your stories. Maybe we can compare notes, I grew up in camps, it was a great time.

  3. #3Trainman2015-12-28 00:19

    Thanks for the kind welcome!