Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

New from San Diego

Barn Owl · 2023-08-13 14:25

Hi all, My name is Mike and I am not a heavy equipment operator, although I have trained welders who fix them when they break. I have been a welding instructor at a local college for 17 years. I hot rod classic cars/trucks and I combine those two skills into art. I typically adopt a practice of “if it doesn’t exist or you cannot afford it and you need it, build it!

Replies7
  1. #1Barn Owl2023-08-13 14:30

    I guess I should explain my handle “Barn Owl” as I stated above, I hot rod classic cars. There is a term in the hot ridding world called “barn find” which means a car that has been all but forgotten in grandpa’s barn and it has been saved from rotting away. I am the owl who searches old barns for classic iron.

  2. #2digger242j2023-08-13 17:50

    Hi, Mike. Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums. You don't need to be an operator to fit in around here. Your mindset is shared by much of our population. And if you hadn't noticed it yet, we have a Welding subforum beneath the Shop talk forum. With your background you might find yourself on the answering end of some questions there.

  3. #3mg23612023-08-14 05:47

    Welcome to HEF Barn Owl !

  4. #4kshansen2023-08-14 07:05

    Welcome Barn Owl!

  5. #5Tinkerer2023-08-14 07:19

    Welcome to HEF, Barn Owl !

  6. #6CM19952023-08-14 08:07

    Welcome to the Forums!

  7. #7funwithfuel2023-08-21 22:28

    Welcome. I don't "need" it , I WANT it.