I have a Bobcat T190 2005 and just purchased a grapple. I used the grapple the first time for about an hour and the hydraulic line busted at the cylinder around the fitting crimp. They sent me a new line and I connected it and worked for about another hour and the hydraulic line that connects to the skid steer busted at the crimp. The line is rated for 3000 psi and made by Parker Global Core 1/4 inch. Is it me or something else, please advise, thanks.
Do you have a high flow kit? Did you adjust your option relief down below the spec for the grapple? Typically 22-2500 psi. Is that hose being stretched beyond its limits. Is it being impacted? Can you attach some pics?
Are you doing anything with the grapple where you are pushing or pulling on the grapple with the control valve not energized? If the hydraulic valve does not have a relief valve between the cylinder and valve any forces on the grapple will result in pressure generated in the hydraulic lines back to the valve. If the cylinders are on the small side the pressures generated will be pretty high. The cylinders will act like a pump. I've seen this in log handling machines in sawmill log yards--the grapple cylinders on 966's would blow the tops right off the cylinders before the operators learned that the grapples were to be used for holding logs on the forks--and not grading, levering rocks out of the ground, etc. Grapple mfr's eventually learned to install cross port relief valves on the cylinders to avoid the problems. Jon.
I was just picking up debris from a brush pile to separate dirt from brush for my burn pile. Nothing more than 2" in diameter and mostly brush. I investigated further with Bobcat and the Aux. Hyd. pressure for my equipment is 3300 PSI and no high flow available. The hoses on the grapple are rated for 3000 PSI. I called the company that I purchased from and they told me that all grapple hoses are rated at 3,000 Psi from the factory (not sure if that is true). My thing is that I told them exactly what I was attaching it to when I purchased it. The replacement hose that they sent to me from the first blowout is rated at 4500 PSI. Not looking good for me and I would like to know what you guys would do, thanks.
funwithfuel, How would I adjust my option relief? New to the skid steer world, so learning as I go.
I do not know bobcat products that well. I would defer to some of the other guys here that are sharper than me. You will have to invest in some gauges and fittings. Again the bobcat gurus should advise on what in particular you'd need