Trying to get some sneak peeks on the unvielings of the Con/Agg 2011 Expo, and I came across this Grove 150 ton RT. Its a monster with some pretty impressive stats. The new cab design seems pretty nice with alot more unobstructed views of surrounding work areas, however I see alot of broken glass in the future... Also im not too sure if I like the fact that the individual boom sections pin off at designated lengths. This was always a bonus with an RT, not having to fuss with pinning and unpinning sections on a flexible project. -3,800lbs at a 180' radius. -Max tip height with jib inserts at 94.5 metres. I can see how this crane will be productive in refineries and power plants and maybe large construction projects with its rugged and compact frame... Would like to hear others thoughts and opinions on this crane. Thanks Link: http://www.manitowoccranes.com/MCG_GRO/Products/EN/RT9150E.asp
Is the 'hydraulic offsettable jib' a luffer????
Its a big one , would be handy in the right spots . Nearly 200,000 lbs it might be a hand full in the soft stuff .
I would imagine so, probably the same thing we have on our AT's, with the single "luffing ram" on top of the butt of the swing-away jib.
Yeah no kidding right? we both know the type of soil in missouri and kansas. What a nightmare. and you know every boss is going to want to put it right in the sloppiest of mud just cause its an "RT" hahaha