Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

new guy

adeso ยท 2013-06-21 22:09

I'm the new guy here, as a kid I grew up on a farm and had a little time with an old D8 and a little **. 10 years later I'm going back to country living and just got 19 acres of land up here in Minot ND. It is a little wet (7 acres is marshland) so I'm sure I will entertain you guys with some stuck machine pictures Anyways, the land needs some help with drainages, nothing too crazy but more than a tractor can do so I'm back to looking at small dozers. Right now a D31PX-21A with 4127 hours on it. I think it was a rental machine, everything is tight on it and fluids look clean and you can see where it looks like they kept up with the filters on it. Only think I saw is when I turn on the key CALL E04 with a bunch of 0s under it. I haven't gotten to run the machine yet, anything this model is bad for? Thanks in advance for all the good info I'm sure I will find! Andy

Replies7
  1. #1willie592013-06-21 23:29

    Welcome to HEF adeso. :drinkup

  2. #2adeso2013-06-22 00:21

    Oh, and I do diesel truck work (most of it go fast parts) so I'm not afraid to tear into stuff. I have a good start on a shop with a old lathe, milling machine, welder etc. So I can make simple parts and do a lot of the basic repairs myself, hence why I'm not afraid of a machine that might need some work

  3. #3glenlunberg2013-06-23 22:53

    Welcome aboard Adeso! Enjoy staying here and enjoy looking and reading threads about heavy equipments to our forum. :drinkup

  4. #4adeso2013-06-24 01:15

    Any info on a D65P-6? I'm a little worried about the old power shifts

  5. #5adeso2013-06-24 01:21
  6. #6adeso2013-06-24 01:23

    My 02 chevy dmax truck-also known as a money pit

  7. #7adeso2013-07-21 13:45

    Ended up getting a 80s JD450E long track, see how it works out for me...