Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

New guy from Wyoming

Stovetop535 ยท 2009-04-29 19:33

Hello all. I do not have much experience on heavy machinery, mostly enjoy reading, seeing what others are up to, and learning a little along the way. I have read as a guest for a while now and decided to join. I realize this is the new member introductions area, but I did have one question and I am not sure where it will fit, so ill ask here and look for advice on where to move it to. I am looking for a new stack for a diesel pickup I have, and I would really like to get one off of a caterpillar 24H. I absolutely love how that stack looks. I have found them from some online part stores, but they are all new and cost about 310 bucks. I realize it is a big stack, but I would think I could find it cheaper somewhere, I just do not know where to turn. If I am unable to find one to purchase, I know I can make it myself if I could just get the dimensions. I have tried a couple times, and the angle I end up with just does not look right. Also, it does not have to be a good looking stack either, it will end up painted black. Thanks and sorry for such a long introduction! Alex

Replies3
  1. #1Buckethead2009-04-29 20:28

    Welcome! Welcome to the forums Alex!

  2. #2willie592009-04-29 21:14

    Welcome aboard Alex. Try contacting Joe at Machinery Parts Midwest http://pages.prodigy.net/machineryparts/ , I've purchased OEM and aftermarket Cat exhaust parts from him before at good prices.

  3. #3Stovetop5352009-04-29 22:13

    Thanks for the advice ATCOEQUIP. Ill give them a call tomorrow and see if they can help me out.