Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

New Guy in Missouri

FRodriguez ยท 2007-08-19 03:43

:wierdt Hi all, First off I would like to say Iam a green Horn to heavy equipment. The only experience I have is at my grandfathers machine Shop in Miami when i was a kid . I just Recently put in a application to the Operators Union Apprenticeship Program. But, They dont select canidates till October at the earlist. So I figured I could do some reserch. First - What is a Union? Growing up My Grandfather is from the old country ( Cuba ) and always said they were some sort of communist Organization ( Like I said he is OLD ) What are they for I guess in Miami they arent spoken about to often ? Second- What is the IOUE all about? I have an Expecting Child and well cant afford to jerked around if the organization is a sham ( Which I doubt but would like to hear peoples oppinon on it ) Third - I heard Union Dictate on how there members vote? ( I think that just might be a old wives tell but would like to know) I know its alot but any Information would be great. Thank you in advance and God bless

Replies1
  1. #1Countryboy2007-08-19 18:00

    Welcome to HEF FRodriguez! :drinkup If you type "Union" in the search tab at the top of the page, you will find several threads where unions are being discussed. :thumbsup