Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

New guy intro

Nick Powell ยท 2018-04-01 14:55

Hi everybody, I just joined. I came across the forum when I was researching the JCB 1400B that I should be bringing home pretty soon. It is a 1986, naturally aspirated, 2wd machine with an enclosed cab and a 6 in 1 bucket. It was abandoned on a property that my co-worker bought, so I got a pretty good deal on it. I got it started yesterday and it looks like all the major stuff works after sitting for a two + years. The tachometer is in-op though, most of the hydraulic cylinders seem to be leaking, and the left side cab glass is missing. I'm pretty excited to be getting it though. I also have a 1966 IH 424, gas tractor with a loader that has been doing all the heavy lifting at the horse boarding facility the wife and I run.

Replies2
  1. #1xgiovannix122018-04-01 16:46

    welcome looks like it has a lot of potential. but that is a 4 in 1 no such thing as a 6 in 1

  2. #2Nick Powell2018-04-01 17:02

    Thank you. JCB likes to call it a 6 in 1 for some reason. Probably makes more sense for me to call it what it is though.