Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

new guy with a home machine shop

mike_dbdesigns ยท 2011-09-08 19:14

Hey Guys I love this forum!! I've only driven small backhoes,skidsteers and a small excavator. I've made parts for family and freind's machines so if you need pins,old parts or anything made up don't hesitate to ask.Thanks Mike :cool2

Replies21
  1. #1Khileman2011-09-25 00:47

    Mike, I just purchased alot of machining equipment, tooling from one of my operators father. A LOT if you need any tooling or anything let me know. I got to go pick up the equipment so give me some time, unless you have a real need. I had to buy it all (package deal) so I'm gonna sell anything I don't need. FYI' Thanks and welcome to site! Kevin

  2. #2mike_dbdesigns2011-09-26 22:53

    Yeah, let me know what you end up getting rid of.Thanks

  3. #3Gottafew2011-09-27 14:10

    I will keep you in mind when i need pins

  4. #4cps2011-09-27 16:31

    Hi Mike, you got any pitures of your set up? Aiden

  5. #5mike_dbdesigns2011-09-27 17:40

    Gottafew Thanks,I've made a few sets for people already CPS I don't have any pics of my setup yet. I am in the process of doing a website and I do have a facebook page - Diamondback Designs Thanks Mike

  6. #6Effinay2011-12-26 11:36

    Hey Mike, New Guy here from New Hampshire with tired worn and loose equipment. Sort of new to owning equipment but have been operating off and on (when anyone would let me or wasn'nt looking) for 25+ yrs. I've been buying stuff from McMaster-Carr, (bushings, bearings, pin stock) and have been cutting and welding my way towards better/tighter operating stuff. I'm in Pelham,NH, near Lowell, Ma. Whereabouts are you located?

  7. #7mike_dbdesigns2011-12-26 12:15

    I'm located in southeastern Ma.,about an hr south of Boston.

  8. #8Tinkerer2012-01-15 07:26

    Nice work you do Mike. What is this ????

  9. #9mike_dbdesigns2012-01-15 13:00

    I belive he said it was a type of generator/converter. He designed it and sent me the prints while I made all the parts and debugged.Thanks for the comments Mike

  10. #10mike_dbdesigns2012-06-20 11:44

    If you want to see some of my work please check out my Facebook page. Thanks http://www.facebook.com/pages/Diamondback-Designs/107762669330809?ref=tn_tnmn

  11. #11Tinkerer2012-06-20 20:54

    I don't have a Facebook account. Do you happen to have a website. I did a Google search for you and didn't have any luck.

  12. #12mike_dbdesigns2012-06-20 21:18

    I'm presently working on one and I hope to be done soon. I'll post a link when it's complete.Thanks

  13. #13mike_dbdesigns2012-08-01 12:38

    Hey Guys I've finally got a website going . It's still in the begining stages but please check it out and let me know what you think.Thanks it's dbackdesigns.com

  14. #14WerkBrau2012-08-02 12:53

    I love that you have photos of your work done. Maybe you should get some customer testimonials up on the site for your work? The only thought I have is that the front page of the site has a lot of blank dead space that you have to scroll through. You might want to trim that up. Otherwise, it's nice!

  15. #15jackasphalt2012-08-07 03:17

    Hello...welcome to the club! See you around.

  16. #16mike_dbdesigns2012-08-09 15:58

    Thanks for the input...I'll try and figure something out

  17. #17materthegreater2012-08-09 19:09

    Hi Mike, Can you make hardened bushings? I'm having trouble finding bushings for my excavator (except for the dealer - and we all know what a bargain we get at dealers! ) I'm in southern VT, so it probably wouldn't be too far for me. Thanks, Glen

  18. #18mike_dbdesigns2012-08-18 15:21

    pm sent

  19. #19mike_dbdesigns2012-12-13 18:16

    I thought you guys would like these :cool2

  20. #20materthegreater2012-12-13 21:18

    Sweet! What's the hardness on those? Can you make them with grease grooves too? Glen P.S. any chance you do line boring?

  21. #21mike_dbdesigns2012-12-13 22:09

    These are soft but I can mark harened ones too....grease groves shouldn't be a problem P.S. any chance you do line boring? No,sorry