Hey guys kinda need a little guidance here found a nice lookin 450 g 4040 hrs chains pads sprockets rollers all have 200 hrs,grouser is damn near still new...since 06 its had roughly 100 hrs on it.Runs strong no smoke oil is damn near clear after running 20 min it is however leaking a good bit of hyd fluid from the blade valveits a good lookin machine I can get it for maybe 21k+/- it will be for my personal use mostly on my property with a few minor side jobs lined up - basically are there any nightmares I should consider -I was lookin for a 450H but theres a major convenience factor to this one -my current machine is a 1952 cat d2 with a rod bearing issue...will be sold this has been a very educational experience fixing with old iron and im tired of it -what are the pros and cons of having a tc version any advice welcome I cant afford cat and love my JD 4500 tractor
I have put a few hours on a 650GTC LGP. I loved the thing. Even over the new ones. Its a little pricey to get the blade control valve redone. Ours leaked to. I don't remember but a few not leaking. Make sure you keep the trans serviced. They tend to to need to be rebuilt between the 6-11000 hour range. The 4045 engine is a good motor. Starts every time and is a good runner. I loved hearing that thing llug while winching trees up the hill or a blade full.Its just like anything else keep it serviced and clean and it will last you for a long time.
Thanks for the reply Deereman from what I have read on the net they are very good dozers Im going back over today to look at it again and check a few more things unless I find something major I think im gonna jump on it. I should probably clarify my comment on the d2 it is a great machine and it owes me nothing for all it has done but after spending many hrs changing the steering clutch and getting 2 hrs before the rod bearing let go I had enough.Parts like the rod bearings are very expensive if you can find them.Cat has only a few left in odd sizes according to ho penn and thats if the crank hasnt been cut to the max.Mains are apparently sold be cleavite.Ill put it and all the spare parts for sale,maybe someone needs a project.Even though scrap is thru the roof right now I just cant stand the thought of a good old cat getting turned into 100 Hyundais.
: My dad had a 550 G. Sold it when he retired. I wish I would have bought it. I thought it was a great little dozer, that one was a direct drive & it really had the pushing power. Good luck :usa
We recently purchased a 650G. The G series dozers are very solid machines. They don't have any electronics to go bad and their modular design makes them easier to work on if you have major repairs. We spent about $350 for a thorough JD inspection and it was really worth it.