looking at a new 80,000 pd excavator and maybe a new hammer just trying to get thoughts on hammers. will be breaking concrete @ recycling yard and some demo work what brands give the best service and lowest operating cost will not be using it every day maybe 2 or 3 days a month have not decided on brand of excavator yet
take a look at gorilla hammers, i went and talked to almost all the hammer companies at the con expo and this is a family owned company from Massachusetts who repair all hammers and build these, they also can provide you with bits and parts for all hammers also. they also have good prices compared to everyone else.
Thanks, I was there too but did not get to study hammers to busy looking at excavators, bucket thumb coupler set ups and jaw crushers. Do you know who makes stanleys new hammers
I'm pretty sure stanley still makes hammers, they were there too. The gorilla hammers are kents but renamed basically. There is a guy from up at lake norman who sold hammers too and had good prices. i see your in charlotte, and so am i currently. I can't remember his name or the company but ill look through my pile of presents from the show and find some info for you on his stuff. his warehouse is in florida and is the largest importer of Korean hammers i believe. they seemed ok for occasional use and they were cheaper but I was most impressed with gorilla hammers or another company from California but thats too far for hammers. gorilla hammers also have reconditioned hammers on their website which could be a good alternative for you to save some money.
Thanks, my salesman said today that the Stanley hammers are Korean imports but he could not remember which brand. are you working in charlotte or just visiting .I have a concrete recycling yard @ 77 & 85 just off Statesville Ave If you need any thing.
I'm down here for school, at uncc. i looked for work when i first got down here but i couldn't find anything a few days a week so i just go to school 2 days a week. I'm getting bored to say the least. I've seen your big piles over there, looks like your keeping busy.
and yeah stanley is still being made but its japanese, i think the brand was api or something. RJ hammers whose website is best hammers.com is the florida location who is supposed to be the biggest korean importer of hammers, they seemed decently built but they're biggest sell is their price.
stop by I'am in and out. what are you studying
fire safety engineering, my dad owns an excavation company and i went to school at first for diesel mechanics. maybe thursday or friday ill stop by and see what you down there.
Are you looking to do demo, or what kind of work would suit you, Eric? Do you have a resume?
hey found him first.
Sure. He's all your's bro. Good luck. Let me know how it works out.
Allied makes a range of hammers with a range of price and quality. Best hammer you can buy is an npk but if you want to save money allied has some fair priced hammers. Their service has been fine really depends on the dealer you go through. Reco equipment is where we bought ours. They have good service and good salesmen. Parts are easy to get they come from their factory in Cleveland Ohio.
You can get an allied for same price as rj hammers
If it's occasional work, light demo and recycling, have you not considered a muncher attachment and anchor plate? Would be significantly cheaper? Just a thought.
I have a couple of munchers need something for the bigger stuff footings and piers