Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

New here

goatgal ยท 2013-07-18 01:19

I really enjoy this site, it's very informative. I graduated from heavy equipment school in 2012. I specialized in backhoe/trackhoe and dozer.....big career change but it's something that I have always wanted to do and finally went for it....glad I did. I found this site while researching information about digging over your sprockets....I was taught not to, but found all the points of view very interesting.

Replies7
  1. #1Steve Frazier2013-07-18 04:49

    Welcome aboard!!

  2. #2stumpjumper832013-07-18 06:13

    Tell us a lil about your schooling, how long of a course, how much classroom vs seat time and stuff like that.

  3. #3goatgal2013-07-18 11:01

    The course was 2 months long, 8 hrs. a day. The first half of the day was spent in the classroom and out in the field surveying. The second half of the day was seat time. We got to choose 2 pieces of equipment to specialize in.....but also got to put in some hours on all the other equipment.

  4. #4stumpjumper832013-07-18 16:07

    how many choices did you have equipment wise? backhoe, excavator, dozer, grader, roller, artic truck?

  5. #5goatgal2013-07-18 20:37

    We had backhoes, excavators, front end loaders, dozers, graders, roller, and a scraper.

  6. #6CM19952013-07-18 21:32

    Welcome to the Forums goatgal!:drinkup

  7. #7goatgal2013-07-20 00:23

    Lol, CM1995......Thanks everyone!