Hi All, Just a brief intro from the forums FNG the new guy lol. I reside in Eastern Canada NB just outside Fredericton. I just bought a 74 580B. Not my first hoe but its been a good 15 years. last hoe was a CASE 580. I never knew the year but Id suspect one of the first CKs. It was a work horse needed little but it was gas and in Canadian winter -30 it got water in oil from cracked manifold froze and when i fired the old girl up 30 mins later doing work blew a connecting rod through case. never could find a used gasser engine so sold it. Now new to me 580B 1974 got some work to do around properties not for big work just my own stuff. So Im here as I am on other forums to seek advise get help and learn from those who went before me. I am retired military and spend most of my time on things with engines. bikes, sleds, Atvs, cars and trucks. I love old cars and bikes and do vintage work on old school bike builds. Other cray **** like make bio diesel when im bored....so hi all hope i can be an asset to the pages with stuff I learn. My passion is Motorcycles.
Welcome to HEF, Rags. Here is a link to a service manual for your 580B -----> http://www.minnparbackhoeparts.com/...als&SSFName=CASE 580CK MODEL B SERVICE MANUAL
Thanks so much appreciate that.
Welcome Rags! should be lots of help for 580 Case here, seems to be one of the more common subjects! Not much into motorcycles, only have two Sportsters and two XS650 Yamahas and wife has a Vespa GTV300. Actually need to get my butt in gear and check out why the 1992 Sportster battery went dead when I pulled in the garage after a 60 mile ride yesterday. At least it was nice enough to do it at home and not where we stopped for supper. Oh! a belated Happy Thanksgiving.
If ever needed used parts I do have many for this model from my closed dealership in Ontario canada . e mail is [email protected]
I sure will thanks for that, where in Ontario are you at Im from Georgetown and am often back to southern Ontario
All that matters is ya have one that gets you in the wind. I was out last night warn night strange this time of year. they are going to be few and ar between now till snow.