Had Fuel Injection pump rebuilt. Nearly took the whole thing apart to set engine on top dead center to match the pump to reinstall. Everything is installed and it is running fine but, blowing black smoke. Is it 180 out?
The times I've had pumps off by 180 the engine may try to run but is usually accompanied by lots of black smoke and possibly fireballs depending on the setup lol. Not to mention fuel slobber everywhere.
Took pump back to dealership. They said timing was to high. They adjusted the pump timing. Put it back on for the 5th time! Still has black smoke even after running for 30 minutes per instructions from the dealership. I am lost. I have no idea what else to do. Suggestions please!
Sounds like maybe they got the delivery set for a higher horsepower engine? Or you also have injector issues....
Maybe start from the beginning. Why was the pump removed for rebuild? Was the machine smoking then?
ls185 bobcat yes pump was removed and taken to diesel injection for rebuild. No it was not smoking prior to pump rebuild. Piston was broke in pump. It ran fine until pump quit. no slightly hard to start but will run but still has black smoke.
I'd pull the injectors and have them tested/adjusted, then if that isn't the issue maybe vary the timing a bit each way see if that helps.