I just replaced a leaking brake rod seal on the New Holland 3930 at work which resulted in draining the trans/hydraulic oil from the transmission. I refilled to the proper level and when I started the tractor today I discovered the brake pedals are on the floorboard. I'm guessing at this point that the hydraulic fluid plays a part in the braking system. Brakes worked fine before the repair, just had a leaking seal. Anyone know what I have to do to get the brakes back?
The brake system on it is the same as the old 3000 and 4000 tractors just with different pedals, even with a cab. They would work dry for a little while. Did you readjust the draw links after changing the boot seals? that is the only part which could affect brake takeup unless you went futher up the linkage.
Yes, I got it figured out after a call to the dealer. I had marked the brake rod with a marker and thought I returned the yoke to the same place but I guess the oil must have messed with my mark. Coincidentally, the opposite side which I didn't touch was so far out of adjustment that it didn't drag at all. Got it all adjusted up now, thanks
i had a 3930 in the 1990's under slung exhaust would about melt my boots to the foot rest