I recently had an issue with the hoses to the heater box in my NH675E tractor. The diagram below is what NH shows as what should be installed. Item #4 below is a 5/8" hose with a 90 degree bend. Messicks shows it as still made but $49.66 plus shipping and tax. It is not in stock at Messicks. On my machine, item #4 connects to the control valve #6. Out the other side of the valve is 1 piece 5/8" hose up to the tee on the back of the engine. I replaced #4 with a Gates hose from Rock Auto PN 28466. This hose cost me $10.18 plus shipping. For the bulk hose, I used AC Delco # 30124. This is a 50' roll of 5/8" heater hose. Oddly enough, the hose in the AC Delco box was Gates. This hose cost $56.00 plus shipping at Rock Auto. The other hose to the heater box (#5) had a 90 degree fitting, but the leg was much longer as it went a foot or so away from the heater box before being joins to the bulk hose (with a plastic 5/8" coupler) that goes to the rear of the engine. For this hose, I purchased a ACDELCO #18153L hose. This hose cost $14.02 plus shipping at rock auto. I also replaced the hoses to the tees at the back of the engine. 2 of them come off of the oil cooler. For them, I used the bulk 5/8" hose mentioned above. 1 of the hoses comes off the passenger side manifold. For this, I again used the bulk 5/8" hose. For the last hose, you will need a molded 90 degree, if you want to keep the hose in the stock routing. For this hose you can use a second ACDELCO #18153L hose. Note that each of the molded hoses were trimmed to fit. The stock tees on the rear of the engine were plastic. As we all know, old plastic is brittle. With that in mind, I decided to replace the tees with brass tees. These tees were purchased in a 2 pack from Amazon for $7.00 plus tax. Amazon.com Working on the hoses at the heater box was not my favorite, but I wore a face shield to redirect the coolant and dirt. The rear of the engine work was a bit tight, but run the loader up, and it was not impossible. Hope this helps someone, and saves money too!
Nothing like being at the mercy of the dealer for "premolded" hoses especially after hours or far away, no matter how you try to route straight hose to make that bend they usually don't work long before they get hot and kink. Excellent aftermarket fix tip, don't matter yella iron, Ag or big truck, it'll help somebody. I've got a credit at Rock Auto been waiting to use Need some black RTV, copper never seize and gonna order that 28466 hose just to keep in parts cabinet. I know sooner or later I or someone else in town will need it. " Go see if Stinkys got one, that packrat's got every stuff" .