Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

New Holland 555E

Adam Walden · 2022-11-03 17:02

I have a new Holland backhoe that will not take forward or reverse, I see the wire going from the selector goes to a fuse panel on the right side fender well, but does it go from there to a solenoid or a module, if any one has a schematic or anything would be helpful,I can't get the serial number right now but I can tomorrow, thanks in advance

Replies11
  1. #1Mike-G2022-11-04 21:40

    I believe the wire goes to a shift solenoid on top of the transmission. Remove the four screws and the plate in the floor board to gain access.

  2. #2Adam Walden2022-12-02 10:50

    Follow up on the 555E, the transmission pump in the flywheel housing had failed

  3. #3Welder Dave2022-12-02 17:10

    Nice that you came back to identify what the problem was. It could help someone else.

  4. #4Mike-G2022-12-08 20:44

    How did you diagnose the problem? Pressure gauge?

  5. #5Adam Walden2022-12-13 23:19

    No the hoe lock wouldn't release do you couldn't set the bucket down and that release runs off transmission pump pressure, I changed a thousand dollar solenoid before I found out

  6. #6NH575E2022-12-14 08:46

    I will try not to go off topic but you know you have to pull the left hoe lever back to get pressure off the lock hook before it will release?

  7. #7Adam Walden2022-12-14 11:29

    Yes I knew that, but the lock hook gets its pressure from the transmissions pump,

  8. #8Angelcano2023-01-15 00:09

    Hi, I have a problem similar to that one but, in my case is when start working down hill for some reason stay on forward and doesn’t release the shift. After put the bucket down and raise the front of the loader then release. If it’s working up the hill, loader works perfect.

  9. #9Swetz2023-01-15 08:15

    Fluid level??

  10. #10Angelcano2023-01-15 10:43

    It’s over the maximum. But maybe the dipstick is wrong. I will try add more to see if works. Thanks!

  11. #11bajanrover2025-05-08 19:13

    well I just noticed transmission fluid coming out of the rear of the tractor, I could not understand why it was transmission fluid and not hydraulic. thanks to your post I now understand