I have welded, brazed, added gussets, etc and my muffler on my 555e continues to find a way to crack. From the manifold to the body of the muffler it still finds a way to crack. I even made a point not to idle down at the point where I noticed it shaking the most. Anyone know if the new ones were modified for an improvement. That item is very pricey. Suggestions please.
Bad engine mounts allowing excessive wobble? Just a thought.
I have gone through the same thing, with my Case 580 SE. That’s with new motor mounts. After welding the last muffler a half dozen times, that was thinner than crap, I bought a different muffler and went with a 2 1/2 ID to 2 1/2” OD adapter that was twice as thick as the muffler inlet and then went to lightweight SS after that and it seems a lot better. Muffler was a lot thicker also. Not much quality out there these days.
Glass pack ? I had one on my TLB for quite a few years. It wasn't terribly loud.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B3RQ3HVN?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_fed_asin_title No actually, I originally put on a Glasspack and it was very thin on the inlet and outlet and after MiG welding it about 7 times I got sick of that. The new one is a Flowshine and is about 3 times thicker than the Glasspack was. Which is insane because in my younger years, I put in quite a few Glasspack and the like and they were well made. I think the lighter weight up top helps also but the adapter I used is twice as thick as the muffler inlet and it really helps, I think. Will let you know in a few years. lol
Straight pipe it and let er’ breathe!!!
I'll check those out. Thanks
I hadn't considered a custon muffler or straight pipe. I did find some after market units that are almost 1/4 the cost of a New Holland part. Thanks for the input.
Check out All States Ag Parts for aftermarket, new muffler for my Case was pretty beefy.
I need a new one for my new Holland as well. They didn't make it the best design, as there is not a flex pipe between the muffler and engine... My other backhoes have a flex piece after leaving the manifold. New muffler for that machine is pricy, 900$ i think?, with no after market options I could find.
I tried that, with a Cherry Bomb and I needed earplugs to run the backhoe. That and every neighbor and my brother in hearing range, heard the backhoe start up and started calling for trees they wanted down, piles to pick up and general stuff they wanted done!