Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

New Holland 865 simple wiring?

John T24 · 2025-03-05 11:35

Hypothetical question here.... I haven't got the machine to the house yet but I was told there is issues with the starter(s) dying premature deaths... also keyswitch/wiring problems... Just thinking out loud here but, IF I can't get it sorted or it turns into an expensive circuit board replacement.... Is it possible to rewire this skid steer in a simplified fashion? Keyswitch / wiring to the starter with appropriate relays etc. and a separate wiring harness for lights etc. I'm new to skid steers but it seems to me they are basically an Engine driving a hydraulic pump and the controls directing the flow to the wheels/boom/curl Is this a possibility? Also, before I get scolded, I am not against safety features and a seatbelt/seat switch can easily be wired into a simple harness. Thoughts?

Replies3
  1. #1HarleyHappy2025-03-05 21:26

    What machine and why is it killing starters? That s like a book title. Lol Seriously, depends on the skid steer how much electronics are in it. Mine has 2 coils and 1 relay and a key switch. I put in some lights and a 12volt fuel shut off solenoid. There are some that don’t even need an operator.

  2. #2John T242025-03-05 21:50
  3. #3HarleyHappy2025-03-06 08:32

    Did see some posts on starter issues but no resolution. Does it have a current problem?