Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

New Holland C185 Skid Steer.

john-s ยท 2026-08-14 10:28

Greetings! I'm an gas auto mechanic who knows very little how to work on Diesel equipment. However, the contractor I do maintenance for has asked me to fix a bad leak on his skid steers fuel pump. I stupidly obliged preceding to remove the pump, fix the leak and reinstall the pump and was presented by a no-start condition. After a lot of tinkering and frustration I discovered I have only a residual 12.6 volts at the fuel shut-off solenoid. I tried lighting my half-amp load test light but found there was no power going to the solenoid. I tried powering the solenoid directly from the battery with my power probe and instantly got the audible click you would expect. I don't know how this condition occurred, because prior to discovering the no-load handling wire to the fuel pump I had not knowingly touched anything electrical. If anyone could chime in with thoughts or directions, it would be highly appreciated. I also wonder where I could obtain a wiring diagram for this specific model. From the PIN, Google tells me it's a 2004 C185. Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Replies1
  1. #1Simon C2026-08-14 18:18

    A Case/ New Holland Dealer is my first suggestion. They are in the same building in Red Deer Alberta and there is other branches around also. Will cost less than $100 to get a PDF and I have bought from them before for different models. Simon C