Hey Guys, Need to know how to set a New Holland L180 to Top Dead Center so that I can remove the fuel injector pump. Its engine Number is F4CE0304A*D601 This is a 2006 model, 3 cylinder Non turbo. Thanks in advance.
See if this helps. It's a turbo but the timing steps should be the same
This is an F4CE0354A engine
Thank you for that information. I think that if I have both number one cylinder valves open position I should be able to see a timing mark in the fly wheel or pin it somehow. I feel like I don’t need to worry about the timing of the injection pump because when they come back from the injection shop it should be locked in top dead center, correct? Any other thoughts?
It SHOULD be at #1 TDC when you get it. There's a special fixture they show that bolts in the starter hole with an angled pin but we all know we aren't going to buy that for 1 job and then it sits in the tool box from now on. I bet it's an expensive little gadget too. I'll post pictures of it though.Pulling the injector will be the easy way to do it and the least expensive You'll want the #1 at TDC with valves closed so yo know you are on compression stroke. Apparently you could pull the starter and see the hole angled down in the flywheel to visually verify TDC at this time. I'd really reach out to Pumpguy on here....he knows pumps and I'm fairly certain he'll help if he can.He's very knowledgeable.
See if this helps
If you need better pictures let me know. I don't see any references indicative of a tapered key to time with. I pulled one years ago but don't remember how it was. It wasn't that difficult as I remember. You could find Pumpguy on here ans ask him-he can probably tell you in a minute how it is.