Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

New Holland L180 injection pump pre-lift

cstew00 · 2024-09-09 15:20

Hello all.. before I get bashed by not searching, I have and for over a few weeks now. I have a New Holland L180 skid steer with the 3-cylinder iveco (non turbo) engine. Engine model number is F4CE304A*D. I have purchased manuals, found online manuals, ans search for hours on end for the amount of pre-lift that my Bosch VE needs to be set at while on engine TDC. I have looked at tags on the engine (not there) looked on the valve covers (not there). Any know the official number as per the manual before I set it at 1.25 and start there?

Replies12
  1. #1thepumpguysc2024-09-09 19:30

    Pretty sure it’s 1.80mm.. Why not use the TDC hole in the gear.?? Lock the pump and send it off.. There’s a plug underneath the pump.. that’s a hole for the timing pin (sold separately)

  2. #2thepumpguysc2024-09-09 19:32
  3. #3cstew002024-09-10 19:54

    I understand that there's a pin to locate TDC. Where did you find the value of 1.8 mm? I haven't seen any documentation with it quite that high. But I have seen it up to 1.35 mm but not for this motor

  4. #4thepumpguysc2024-09-10 20:05

    Can u give me the Bosch 10 digit p#.?? 0 460 424 ***

  5. #5thepumpguysc2024-09-10 20:09

    I have to look in my manual which is in the shop.. U get the pump # and I’ll get my book tomorrow..

  6. #6cstew002024-09-10 20:20

    The pump number is 046 042 3013

  7. #7thepumpguysc2024-09-11 09:00

    Sorry, I don’t have it.. Contact your local inj pump shop and ask them what the lock timing spec on a Bosch VE pump is..& give’m the 10 digit number. Don’t read it like u wrote it.!! It’s: 0 460 423 013

  8. #8cstew002024-09-11 15:55

    1.25mm. Just in case anybody ever reads over this and needs it

  9. #9thepumpguysc2024-09-11 17:52

    Thanks..

  10. #10cstew002024-09-12 10:07

    I really appreciate your assistance. Your guidance led me further than any of the research that I had done in the past couple weeks.

  11. #11thepumpguysc2024-09-12 14:55

    This has nothing to do with nothing.. but WHY did u need the lock timing spec.?? There’s a story here..lol BTW.. u should stamp it on the valve cover plate.. or wherever there’s an empty space thats supposed to have it..

  12. #12cstew002024-09-13 10:41

    There's definitely a story... I DM'ed you.