I have a 2006 New Holland L185 with around 2500 hours. The bearings and seals on the right side drive motor went bad and let all my hydraulic oil go in the right side chain case. When it happened I got a low hydrostatic pressure alarm and I haven’t ran the machine since. What are chances that the main pump has been damaged too? Just trying to weigh my options as far as cost of repairs vs value of machine before I have the drive motor rebuilt only to find out that my main pump is bad also.
I would have a look at hydraulic filter, cut out a section, and squeeze residual oil out of that section in vise. then unfold pleats and look for shiny bits. Worst case would be seeing metal junk in filter without dissecting it.
50/50 in my opinion. It really depends on how long the pump turned without charge pressure/ lube oil. If it was shut down right when the alarm came on, then I would doubt that there is pump damage.