Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

New holland l216 skid loader not cranking or turning over

IsaiahDw · 2025-12-03 12:14

i have a l216 newholland skid loader that ran out of fuel so we filled her back up and primed the system and went to start it up. it Did not even turn over. I’ve checked all the fuses including the ground fuses in the engine compartment. I’ve also checked the relays there, and the ones in the cab, I’ve also checked the three diodes under the cab on the left side. the starter will turn over if I replace the crank relay with an on off switch, or if I hook up power to the start solenoid I found another diode in the service manual, but I can’t find it on the machine. If anybody would know the location of it that would be very helpful.

Replies2
  1. #1Simon C2025-12-03 23:24

    Sometimes the operators manual will give the location of relays and fuses along with diodes. Otherwise you may have to buy a schematic. Simon C

  2. #2Hondaracing022025-12-30 01:00

    I had an l216 do the same. It was a relay, but it was one you wouldn’t expect, like a light or accessory. Don’t recall for certain, but this screams relay to me if everything was good before