Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

New Holland L220

DontTreadOnMe1776 · 2023-11-13 02:55

Hello out there to y’all. I’m a foreman for a landscaping company and recently we’ve been having issues with our skid steer. The issues have been 1. Battery just randomly dead therefore the skid steer won’t start 2. After leaving battery charger on the battery all day and the brand new battery reaching complete and total 100% charge the skid steer still will not even turn over let alone start. 3. After returning back to the shop after all day I attempted to start the skid steer again and was confronted with the fact there was then no indication lights no nothing as if the battery was just completely and totally drained again ? I don’t understand how this is possible? The only other scenario I can think of or situation is that the ignition switch is failing or has failed because we have had a few minor issues recently with it and I was thinking it could’ve just finally completely failed ? If anyone could please help? Any advice or solutions to one or more of the problems would be so greatly appreciated. Thank you very much for your time in advance.

Replies1
  1. #1Arny L2023-11-13 16:28

    Have you looked at your cables, at both ends to verify a solid and clean connection, especially ground connection to frame. Look for corrosion, near ends. If they look good, and you have a volt meter, then your next step would be to do a voltage drop test on both cables. This test would rule out a cable that appears good, but fails under load.