Hi Guys, I have a New Holland 1991 L454 skid steer that blew the water pump. I went to Malvese equipment here on Long Island and was told that New Holland does not make or supply this pump any longer. So,here I am with a $7000.00 machine that's useless. I took it to my local machine shop and they pressed out the seal and bearings. The roller bearings had disintegrated. I am in the process of searching bearing manufacturers for a replacement shaft and bearings which are all one unit. They call it a "WATER PUMP BEARING". Anybody have any idea where to get the whole water pump? if the bearing replacement doesn't work out. I searched the internet for hours with no results. What I need is a skid steer junkyard. Thanks Dan
Here's some from doing a google search. https://www.google.com/search?newwi...hUKEwisksaWnKzrAhUYZc0KHfw8ANcQ4dUDCAw&uact=5
Thanks for the post but I already did that search with no results. i will post a pic of the gasket. The pump itself is currently with the machine shop. I'm going there today so I will take a pic of it and post. Thanks
Could you post the engine manufacturer and model number, It probably can be located that way.
Even the numbers off the old pump itself could be enough to find you a new one. It's not likely that there was a special engine made only for this skidsteer, or a special water pump made only for that year and model.
Have you taken the New Holland part number and thrown it on Google?
Get a hold of these folks. They've rebuilt some discontinued Ford industrial pumps for us in the past. http://www.az-rpm.com/
Thanks Guys. It's an L454 Skid Steer with a Ford engine. Here are pics of the water pump with numbers on it also. Plus the pump says Ford on it too.
it's obviously taken apart.
I wonder if this is the pump. It's made for a floor scrubber and polisher. Compare the pics,it looks like a perfect match. This is the ad but doesn't give any size specs. https://www.ebay.com/p/1135061722
Same thing with this one,no specs. Damn it's a close match. https://www.tennantco.com/en_us/1/p...intenance_parts/product.water-pump.26431.html
Even has the triangular fan attachment point that mine has. The pics I posted don't show that because it's taken apart.
That number in the pic could be just the manufacturers casting number and not the actual part number.
Yea, it doesn't come up in any searches
@coastbuster We really may be able to assist you if you posted the engine make & model numbers ...... especially if you post a pic of the tag The picture you have posted of the housing doesn't look like any of the three different pumps listed for the three different engines listed in the online parts manual. Maybe someone has swapped out the engine to something different to the OEM?? UPDATE EDIT - just spent a few minutes on DR Google It would seem you have a FORD engine model VSG 411/413 EBAY pump - https://www.ebay.com/itm/ford-indus...r-pump-3-92bx8591aa-With-Gasket-/283496671021 Hope this saves some old yellow iron from the scrap heap.....
You are a genius,that's the pump. thanks a million
You my friend are a genius. Thank You very much. thats the pump.
I have another problem. The cooling fan is shot and I'm having trouble locating another .Here's a pic It's a 15 inch fan from blade tip to blade tip. There are two mounting holes(the larger ones) and they are 2" apart center to center. The hole in the middle is 1.1". It's a 6 blade fan. It has the numbers 390-2-5 stamped on it but I get no results with them. The fan was on the machine and I had no overheating problems but as long as I have it apart I should probably replace that too. Dan
P.S the center hub is 5" across
Here is a John Deere part that looks exactly like mine but has no specs on it. Dan https://www.tractorpartsasap.com/cooling-fan-6-blade-used-john-deere-m806513-431414.html
for that price you can't even rebuild your old pump, read your occupation I am retired UPS teamster 31 years