Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

New Holland L775 Skid Steer, broke both Bucket cylinders

Acesneights1 ยท 2014-11-25 21:39

Hey, Need help with ideas . I have what i believe is a late 70's New Holland L775. I hit something with the forks and broke both Bucket Cyls beyond repair. They are no longer made and when they were available, cost 1000$ each. Anyone know of aftermarket Cyls that might fit ?Can anyone recommend a good scrap yard that might have them ? I am in deep trouble without this machine.

Replies9
  1. #1Acesneights12014-11-25 21:41

    The rods are still available but 361$ each but the barrels are destroyed and no longer available so the rods are useless without good barrels.

  2. #2tmc_312014-11-25 22:37

    If you can't find the correct cylinders, it is possible that a machine shop could make them for you. They are not that complicated. Cheaper yet, hydraulic cylinders are pretty generic. You should be able to find some double acting cylinders with the OD, ID and rod diameter that would work right off the shelf or with only minor modification. They may not look exactly like the originals but it might be a way to get you going. Maybe something like this: http://www.surpluscenter.com/Hydrau...=ATR_DAHC_BaseEndPinSize:1\"&fq=ATR_Stroke:18 Tim

  3. #3wrwtexan2014-11-25 23:28

    Might also call All States Ag Parts. They junk out skid steers and might have something that will fit. 877 530 4430

  4. #4stovein2014-11-26 09:49

    If you buy generic the piston seals may be just oring with a backup and not take a lot of pressure so check them out before buying. At the shop I worked in we made replacements for almost all kinds of equipment, were not cheap but cost less than dealer so there may be a shop close to you that can duplicate yours.

  5. #5Acesneights12014-11-26 11:51

    Thank you. They had 2 . They didnt match as one was the same and one looked like an updated design . They are on thier way. I'll be a little more Thankful tommorow. I'll post some pics when I get home.

  6. #6Acesneights12014-12-05 22:42

    Got them yesterday. although they are different manufacturers they are interchangeable . Does anyone know what hydraulic oil I need ? I can't find a straight answer and I don't have the manual. I have heard everything from DexII to 10w30. I know in the past we put plain old hyd oil in it but perhaps that was wrong and I should flush and refill.

  7. #7wrwtexan2014-12-05 23:05

    10w30 in my LS180.

  8. #8Acesneights12014-12-06 08:48

    Spoke to the dealer this am. Since it's an older machine he said 134 hydraulic transmission fluid. He said any hydraulic transmission fluid should be fine but he kinda veered me away from the stuff Tractor supply sells which sucks because they are the closest place to get something. Was gonna call NAPA. We had put regular Hyd oil in it in the past which I guess was wrong so I am going to replace all the fluid. I am not sure if I can get all the old stuff out though ??

  9. #9DIYDAVE2016-02-17 20:16

    I'll second what tmc31 said, measure everything, and look up operating pressure of your system, and see if surpluscenter has any matches. I've gotten some real bargains from them...:usa