Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

New holland L785 1991. Need advice.

old skool iron ยท 2011-05-13 23:49

I'm wondering about the chain drives oil . where do I check it or is it hydraulic supplied? what weight oil if that's what it needs? Where do I add oil? thanks for your help.

Replies2
  1. #1wrwtexan2011-05-16 00:59

    Not sure about the 785, but I just finished going through a L781 which uses the chain case as the hydraulic reservoir. Had to add some to it and my local NH dealer told me to use common HyTran fluid in it unlike my LS180 which uses engine oil. Fill and check port was to right of seat and above two speed control lever. Go to New Holland's website and click on Parts where you can bring up complete part schematics of the machine.

  2. #2old skool iron2011-05-16 09:28

    thank you that's a real big help. I was adjusting the chains and was not sure on the oil/hydraulic reservoir, so I thought to just ask here on the forum and as always good advise thanks wrwtexan.