Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

New Holland L785 charge pressure light

Dutchofsc ยท 2014-09-16 22:09

My charge pressure light blinks on after the machine has wormed up, while starting to move the machine, then goes out. I can hear some straining and chatter when this happens, and I shut her down. It seems to be fine the next day for a few hours, until everything gets hot, then the problem repeats. Any thoughts?

Replies2
  1. #1mikebramel2014-09-17 08:02

    Charge pressure is what fills the drive motors and pumps. It is either not entering (charge pump suction filter, charge pump inlet hose dryrotted) or it is leaking (rotating group damaged, malfunction on the relief). Installing a gauge and watching the charge pressure will tell alot

  2. #2Dutchofsc2014-09-17 21:20

    Fixed! The canister filters were plugged up. When I bought this skid steer, it did not have a suction filter installed. It was just missing. The canister filters had to do all the work.