Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

New Holland LS170 boom ?

smick ยท 2008-12-22 20:23

I have a 2000 New Holland LS 170 and it will not start today. I replaced the start interlock relay, no help. Started last to days just fine. Inside heated building. I believe it is the starter or solinoid. My question: Does anyone know what I have to do to manually lift the boom with a forklift?

Replies5
  1. #1farm_boy2008-12-22 22:03

    Just about the only way that I know would be to remove the hydraulic lines from the cylinders. This is a little messy, but it will allow the cylinders to extend by lifting the boom with a forklift.

  2. #2Mackcat2008-12-23 22:36

    If you can grind the engine hold the lift pedal down while grinding the engine this will slowly lift the boom

  3. #3albert2009-01-02 15:51

    170 holland remove the sol on hyd control valve to move the boom also ck the 5 amp fuse in the eng comparemt

  4. #4smick2009-01-02 16:23

    Thanks for the info. I forgot you can put the boom in a float position. So I did that and had the boom lifted with a fork truck.

  5. #5clayton2009-01-03 21:28

    if this is a forklift you have then remove the cylinders and your gona need some winches and stuff. my dad works at a forklift place so i know alot stuff on them so if you have any questions feel free to ask me. any questions on repairs or anything ive worked with the technians so i know just about every thing on a forklift