Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

New Holland LS170 Right-Hand Quick Connect Lever Won’t Go Down

dindaco · 2024-08-23 08:23

Hi everyone, I’m having an issue with the right-hand quick connect lever on my LS170. The left-hand lever works as expected—when I pull it, I feel a bit of spring resistance for about half an inch, then it snaps down smoothly. However, the right-hand lever is a different story. When I try to move the right lever, I can feel some spring resistance for about half an inch, but then it just stops dead. No matter how much force I apply, it won’t budge past that point. It’s like the spring is compressing and then hits a wall, unlike the left lever, which has a smooth "snap" action once the spring is compressed. Has anyone encountered this issue before? Do you think I need to take the lever assembly apart to investigate further, or could there be a simpler fix? Any advice on how to approach this would be appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Replies1
  1. #1Welder Dave2024-08-23 18:33

    If this is the quick attach for the bucket, does it work properly by itself with no attachments on? Check that nothing is bent or anything in the linkage is loose that could get pushed out of line. If the problem happens when trying to put a bucket or attachment on, make sure everything is clean. It only takes a tiny bit of dirt stuck in a corner or on the attachment plate to make the pins from the quick attach not align. Check both sides as dirt on the side that works could still mess up the other side.