Hello, I bought a used New Holland LS180 a few weeks ago with 1540 hours. I started using it last week and ran into a couple issues, the bucket rams had to be rebuilt and a hydraulic line busted on site adding delay to my project. After I fixed all these issues on site another problem arose. The machine does not have any power, it feels like it's missing a cylinder or two and it also exhales blue smoke a lot. It's a turbo machine and it was running well till the end of the day. I cleaned out the air filter making sure it was not clogged but I have not touched the fuel filter yet. I rather not go on spending spree before consulting someone that might of had the same issues or knows more about these kind of problems. The bucket also tilts down and can't maintain position however the arm stays up. Any helpful information is welcomed. Thanks
I don't know that replacing the fuel filter is going on a spending spree. Typically when I buy something used, I replace all filters and all fluids. Your issue could be a lot of things. I would replace the fuel filter as it is the cheapest potential fix, but it could be an injector or pump issue, or a turbo has gone bad.
Guy dropped his LS180 off at the shop for various reasons last month, one of them blue smoke and lack of power - it needed a turbo. To check it - take off the boot that runs from the back of the turbo to the intake manifold and see if it's soaked with oil residue. Take the front hose off and pull/spin the wheel to see if there is much play. It's less common, but possible - oil can leak right into the exhaust manifold from the turbo. Dealer wanted around $1,300 for it, but there is a tractor parts store in Ontario, Canada that can ship one for upper 700's.
If the fuel filter was not $415 then I would not say anything, however it was discovered that it was a bad fuel line causing issues that cost $71.... Regards.
I just found a guide related to Holland LS180 Problems . Many issues are discussed there, so sharing them here, can be helpful if anybody having problems.
The fuel filter isn't 415 bucks the filler with its base maybe do you have a photo of it or a number?