Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

New Holland LX 865 Injection pump leak

sawdustmaker · 2024-05-30 18:30

I put some old fuel in the skid steer on sunday and a few hours later i had fuel pouring out of a weep hole on bottom of the flange that bolts to the timing case. I dont know that the fuel is related. I assume the pump will have to come off and go to a pump shop. Pumpguysc, any chance this would be a seal i could change? Ill add pictures in a minute.. Cheers.

Replies8
  1. #1sawdustmaker2024-05-30 18:38
  2. #2Vetech632024-05-30 18:47

    Send it to TPS. If your going to go through the trouble of pulling it you might as well have it rebuilt.

  3. #3sawdustmaker2024-05-30 19:06

    Do I need to set the motor to TDC before i remove it?

  4. #4thepumpguysc2024-05-30 19:13

    Is there a weep hole there.?? If it’s coming from the screw, the screw has an oring on it..

  5. #5sawdustmaker2024-05-30 19:21
  6. #6sawdustmaker2024-05-30 19:22

    Yes, there appears to be a weep hole directly below that Bolt. I briefly cover it with my finger. The leak seems to stop.

  7. #7thepumpguysc2024-05-30 19:40

    The weep hole is to let u know the seal is corrupted.. it’s to let u know before all your fuel ends up in your oil pan.. U HAVE TO TIME THE PUMP AND ENGINE BEFORE REMOVING THE PUMP.. Sorry but don’t ask me how..

  8. #8sawdustmaker2024-05-30 19:48

    Lovely. Thank you Cheers