So I need a part that New Holland no longer supports, One vendor told me they had one in the "vintage" warehouse but he couldnt get it another said he called "vintage" and they didn't. Seems to me I heard once that this particular machine was made for new Holland by someone else, Manitou I thought. But I cant seem to find anything to confirm this. Can anybody help shed some light on this.
what part you need?
Boom sensor. P/N 85816651
looks like a proximity switch. part#39 http://cats.klaxon-parts.ru/agriculture/68-66799/ is there any markings on the existing switch? voltage label? if its just a proximity switch, you can probably wire in any switch that size and of the same voltage. i assume 12 volts.
http://www.acrar.com/en/spare/case-parts/sensor-85816651-case-ih-new-holland-parts/2254568/
Skata: yes thats the one. I haven't removed the old one to check for markings etc. yes its a 12v and the idea of trying to find a similar one has crossed my mind. Just not sure I want to start making modifications to someone else's machine. especially on a safety circuit. Right now I have it bypassed just so it would drive for them to move it, but they understand its not safe to operate the boom. Lantraxco your google-fu is better than mine. I emailed them and am waiting to hear back. has anybody ever ordered from them before? Thank you both for the help
LOL, naw, just the old blind boar finding that one acorn now and then... hope it works out for you.