Can anyone tell me how to operate a New HOLLAND Powershift Transmission. I'm looking at a LB 115 and when you turn the shifting knob, it lights up as if it is changing gears, but the speed does not change. I'm not sure what gear it is in, but it does go forward and reverse. It just doesn't shift. Is there something you have to do besides just turning the end of what looks like a turn signal lever? There is a button in the end of the lever, but I don't know what that does. I tried pushing it, but it didn't seem to make a difference in regard to the shifting?? This is a 2003 model New Holland LB 115. Thanks in advance for your help!!
To go forward just push the lever forward and then twist it forward, now step in the throttele and then you should go.if you want to reverse just pull it back. To go faster twist it forward one ore two times to go in third or fourth, the transmission dosent shift until you have reached enough speed and it shifts up and down according to speed and load. The number that lights up is the max gear it will **** to, if you have it set on 3 , 2nd and 3rd is the gears it will use itself. If it is set on 4 etc. The button on the end is the kickdown for loading in a pile.
as grader dane states ,but also it only has two reverse ,take no notice of the numbers above 4 it is a crap gearbox ,mine went at 2700 hrs in a 590 case at 2.5 years old cost £ 6k to remove and repair ,a circlip came off the reverse clutch pack and i basicly destroyed the inside of the box the case has a switch so you can use it in manual mode and change gear by twisting the stalk
Crap gearbox??? I got my first mashine with this gearbox in 1996 on a NH95 traded it in 98 for my first LB115 ,one of the first LB115 that came out. Used it until 2006 and sometimes very hard at times. Traded it off to aLB115B in 2006 it still shifted nice then at high hours. The 2006 I stil got and have put around 3500hours on(bourght a grader sinse then)whitout any troubele.
Thanks for your reply. You mentioned that you could switch to manual mode. Can you do this from the cab, or do you have to do something down at the transmission.
Hi Grader Dane, I appreciate your reply. Have you had any issues at all with the LB 115? Would you buy it again? I'm looking at a 2003 for $33,500 with 1700 hours on it. Any thoughts as to that price? Tires are bald, but everything else looks very original.
Regarding your switch questions, on the LB115s that I have ran, there is a front console switch with a gear symbol on it. This will switch between auto and manual modes. The switch button on the end of the shift level is for kickdown as Grader Dane said. I would add this feature only works in second gear.
This is very helpful. Thanks! Do you have any experience as to the durability of this model? Transmission??
i am not the only one to have trouble with the spicer box ,we have another 590 split at 1400 hrs due to internal oil loss , the 590 i had while mine was in for repair was shifting very rough ,dealer said it was nateraul wear at 1800 hrs ,and i also know of two others that have had the powershift box give trouble in a big way ,they also have a tendancy to blow the cooler pipes off as the are not secured very well with a jubilee clip ,on both the case machine and the new holland ,maybe you have a "good one" on the case it is on the left hand side of the steering wheel below the F/R stalk ,i would imagine the NH is in a similar place
Powershift transmission have been around for years in the LB115 and continues to be the only transmission available on the LB115. As with any transmission or machine , the durability is relative to how it is maintained and used. The LB115 owner’s manual says the powershift oil and filter should be changed after the first 100 hours, then after every 1000 hours. If that has been done on this unit and it has not been abused, then I would think 1700 hours would generally imply it has a lot of life left it in.
mine and the others are dealer serviced ,very little front loader work i personaly would have the powershuttle by choice
2001 and newer most problems will be gone, but watch weelbearings, I think the lokal NH ag dealer can service the machine
Anyone have issues wit transmission jerking in and out of drive intermittently. Mostly in higher gears
That seems insane. The dollar keeps getting weaker but $13-18K is more like it. If you're buying from a dealer, that's what s/he paid before marking it up 100%. Powershift transmissions are great but I'd heed the advise given above. Look for a crash box with hydraulic shuttle if you want to avoid expensive repairs down the road.
From a B115 Manual:
Forum only allows 4 pics per post. Sorry about the qualiy.
Do you know what does it mean when 6 diode blink
When I start the engine no 1 diode flash and no 6 also
View attachment 1719059815821.png View attachment 1719059844423.png View attachment 1719059869239.png View attachment 1719059892176.png Hopefully these help.
Thank you for your update. Do you have new Holland operator manual or repair manual at pdf version ?
I bought this backhoe and trzy to learn how IT should work properly
I am intersted why on the controller we have diodes from 1 to 8
There are only for gears
1 to 4
View attachment 1719138628503.png View attachment 1719138662108.png View attachment 1719138842257.png View attachment 1719138874048.png
View attachment 1719138919252.png View attachment 1719138951952.png View attachment 1719138980555.png View attachment 1719139038986.png
View attachment 1719139084088.png View attachment 1719139116157.png View attachment 1719139154057.png View attachment 1719139176660.png
View attachment 1719139206153.png View attachment 1719139235424.png View attachment 1719139259034.png View attachment 1719139290117.png
View attachment 1719139317168.png View attachment 1719139342041.png View attachment 1719139367695.png Sorry about the number of posts, but the forum only allows 4 attachments per post. As you can see, the extra leds are for codes.
Thank you once again for this pictures. I will try to study them.
If you can share with manuals I would be gratefull
Sorry, I have no way to share. The file is too big for email. Manuals are available all over the internet for little money these days.
Perfect. Thank you once again. I have one more request regarding hand brake. How I can repair it