I have an old New Holland skid steer (L35) with the gas 4cy Wisconsine engine. Everything works but I got it with the drive chains removed. So, when I put them back on I didn't know what the correct adjustment should be for the slack in the drive chains. and I don't have a manual. Does anyone have a manual for this machine? I adjusted to pull out most of the droop in the drive chains and it seems to drive fine on loose ground. But when I try to turn on pavement it sounds like drive gear is jumping to next link. Here's a pic of my machine. thanks
There is a post on here about adjusting an l785 steering problem that might help I don't know. I'm kinda new here. Search new holland l785 steering on this forum. I tried to add a picture of the post but it failed. God luck.
Bwill, I don't know about the adjustment for the L35 but the manuals for all of the New Holland Skid Steers that I have had including the L190 that I currently have say that the chain should be adjusted so that that there is no more than 1/4" movement as you roll the tire back and forth (with the tire off the ground). Hope this helps, Tim
tmc_31, yeah that helps. And I sort of recall that I had more than that amount of free movement. I will double check. Thanks, Brian
Rayhat, thanks for those instructions. I already went thru those adjustments right after I put the chains on. I learned a scary lesson too. I bought this skid steer with the steering linkage frozen up and the drive chains removed. So I freed up the steering linkage and remade the all thread part of the linkage. When I made the new linkages I made them the same length as the old ones but mine were straight. I wasnt smart enough to realize that staightening out the linkage would make the steering controls out of adjustment. So after I put the chains on and started it for the first time it started driving off. I had never driven a skid steer before so every attempt to correct my direction just got me more confused. Luckily the kill switch worked before I hit anything. Next time I will start something like that up on blocks.