Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

New Holland skidsteer boom not lifting

callawaycustom ยท 2019-10-18 20:32

I have a 2005 new holland ls180 boom that stopped lifting. Tilt, grapple and wheels work. On the control valve next to foot pedals it has 2 relief valves. The one in the back I pulled and seems fine which I think that is the one for the tilt and grapple. The one in the front I pulled and it has a little sliver of metal that caught between one of the end holes causing it to stick open. I would guess this is why boom is not working. Can I clean this and put it back together. The biggest concern is where did it come from and do I need to worry about contaminating oil. Thanks

Replies6
  1. #1Tyler d4c2019-10-18 20:42

    If this is a pedal machine does the pedal move like it should

  2. #2callawaycustom2019-10-18 21:17

    This is a pedal machine. They do both move like they should. They do have safety solenoids on them to lock. Both working.

  3. #3Tyler d4c2019-10-19 03:24

    Hmm igot to think on this one there isnt a oin locked up on the arms somewhere is there

  4. #4callawaycustom2019-10-19 11:22

    All pin seem fine and not frozen. I do grease everytime I use it. I do see that one of the relief valves have metal keeping it stuck open. Just wondering if I clean this am I good or do I have bigger problems.

  5. #5Tyler d4c2019-10-19 17:29

    May be good or you may have a pump or something coming apart.

  6. #6callawaycustom2019-11-06 19:16

    Anymore thoughts