Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

New jcb 5cx and 1cx tracked. Thoughts and opinions!

gpap123 ยท 2013-05-03 13:00

Hello there, I have seen the new jcbs here: http://www.jcb.co.uk/About/News/2012/05/JCB-unveils-new-high-power-5CX-Backhoe.aspx http://www.forconstructionpros.com/...americas-1cx-t-tracked-compact-backhoe-loader Is it worth for backhoe loader to produce 118 hp while price of the diesel fuel raisin up? Is it worth to buy a tracked mini backhoe loader or two machines (skid-steer and tracked mini excavator)??

Videos in this topic

Browse the full video library

Replies7
  1. #1gpap1232013-05-20 13:19

    anyone?

  2. #2powerjoke2013-05-21 11:17

    Leave it to jcb to try and re invent the wheel Pj

  3. #3Fred Cosworth2014-12-07 17:00

    gpap123 - I can't comment on 5CX as not driven one but did spend many hours in a 4CX many years ago. That concept was good and now all serious backhoe manufacturers have an equal size wheel version. I had a try of the 1CXT which has been out on customer trials a few months ago and it was just like a CTL but with the benefit of the backhoe. The video on youtube shows the machine but it comes into its own on soft or steep ground. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTBkmQSRaDI

  4. #4d4c24a2014-12-08 15:18

    jcb produced the equal sized machine after the army brought hydremas ,that were already equal wheel ,jcb only copied other better ones ,5cx is a 4cx super with a bigger engine

  5. #5Fred Cosworth2014-12-09 18:52

    d4c24a - sorry, yes you are quite right the army did buy the Hydrema machines. My mistake was that I should have said 4WS as opposed to equal size wheel. The earliest 4WS backhoe I can remember was the 2CX from around 1990. I can remember the 4WS Sanderson Teleporter and an impressive Kramer WLS from the same era though.

  6. #6d4c24a2014-12-10 15:23

    Hi Fred i used one of the very first 4cx machines off the production line ,and it was in 1990 , had quite a few problems too cheers graham

  7. #7Deon2014-12-10 16:10

    Looks like a nice little machine for smooth soft ground. Only thing is there is no place for hundreds of miles of here that isn't packed with rock.