Well looks like I'm done with my old company I've been having some unwanted time off lately since I told them no ones going to be running my (not litterly) TBL until they fix some of the stress cracks all over the machine. I have been getting the run around about why I'm not getting my 40. I know we are very slow, but I have tons of work I get called by the GCs we sub for a few time a week asking when I'm going to come back. Well I don't take sitting lightly and made a few calls and guess what I found a crew that needed me. After work I talk to the super a friend of mine to see if he can get me some import lined up in the next day or 2. He tells me no problem, but I won't be here I'm suppose to be sitting because the boss is putting the blame for the TBL on me. He is right I did do it, but that is the machine they gave me when I told them I need to have a breaker out there. I told my super if I'm sitting at home on Monday I will have a new job in no time he told me he understood. The first company I applied for yesterday called me this morning and told me they would like me to start tomorrow. I'm taking a pay cut, but I anticipated this as the only reason I had my last job was for the pay. Now my rant is over hopefully my new job will improve the mood I have been in for some time now. :bouncegri :bouncegri :bouncegri
Congrats on the new job I know how you feel,I worked here for a large civil contractor with good pay,but then learned that money doesn't always bring happiness A labourer being spit on by a forman,other operators dumping sugar in hydraulic tanks on other operators they don't like,backstabbing,no home life,operators called in a morning job meeting and I quote "my b*tches" by a member of a large wealthy family here in the province. But I know 100% how it is to be fustrated at your job and finding that the fun is slowly fading away,We have the best job in the world and no one can take that away from us. I wish you the best of luck man and hopefully being in the seat becomes fun again :yup
you did the right thing, you hated the job, you left......as far as sugar in hydraulic tanks...i catch somebody doing that to one of my machines, they'll have anal intercourse with my 870 remington
^ rofflewaffle
Congratulations! Congratulations on the new job, Dozerboy. It sounds like a good move. It seems that you were really fed up in the old place, and the equipment was in terrible condition. So, what kind of jobs are you going to be doing with your new company? What kind of equipment do they have? Does this mean you're not going to be leaving sunny California after all?
good luck with new job. hopefully you wont have to run p.o.s. equipment like before. hang in there bud , always enjoy hearing from you...:Cowboy
Yes, good luck in your new job Dozerboy.:thumbsup Hopefully they'll be more concerned about their equipment upkeep.
Thanks, I don't know about there equipment yet if sound like they take good care of there stuff. I think they told me they want me to run a large Clark wheel dozer that has me a little scared. The last Clark I ran was our neighbor’s old wheel loader and that thing was close to a death trap. The boss talked a lot about needing a finish dozer hand I guess they run new JDs with lasers and GPS. Told them I was low tech and don't know anything about that stuff and if the dozers don't have at least 6" of slop in the blade I didn't know if I could cut finish with it he laughed he knows all about my old company. They have very large C/F jobs looks like they have ~10 jobs going and over 100 employees so a least I won't be a one man circus anymore. "anal intercourse with my 870 remington"- that some funny stuff right there I still plan on leaving CA, but got a good 6 months yet. As much as I hate to start a new job and leave so soon I don't have a choice. I can't afford to pay rent here for my GF to finish school and on a place in TX for me.
Don't sweat it Dozerboy. Theres something out there for ya. It just hasn't found you yet. The job I am currently at found me and I have been enjoying what I do. I say it found me because an application wound up in my mailbox one day. It had no address on it for who it was supposed to belong to so I'm figuring somebody from the company dropped it off in the wrong box. I filled it out, sent it in and the next day I got a call. The day after that I started work and will have been here for 5 years in January.
That’s cool, well the first two days where easy but I haven't been doing any finish dozer work yet. I have been running a Clark 380 wheel dozer it's big and has a new V12 with plenty of power. They have been taking it easy on me only 4 scrapers running, but tomorrow at least 8. We will see how that goes I quit one of my past companies because they didn't pay well and for 6 months every day I was getting bombed by scrapers and could never get caught up. The fill was big enough it didn't matter, but I couldn't take it I get to stressed out. I'll post some pics in This thread.
that clark is huge. the equipment there looks much nicer than what the old company had.
Awesome Clark That Clark looks really awesome. What a cool machine. Bet it's fun to run. Hey that looks like a cool jobsite too. Out in the country somewhere. It looks like you are really expanding into new territory. I didn't think there were any places like that left in Southern California where you could expand into. I mean land that hadn't been developed already. How far out of town is that place? Must be close to Arizona already, no?
There are still lots of places to build in So. Cal, specifically in San Diego we are heading east more and more but are along ways from the Arizona border.
The job is in Lake Elsinore they are building like mad out there.